As a leading supplier of transport services in the UK, we are actively taking responsibility for the impact our business has on the environment. The Gordon Leslie Group recognises the ramifications of using operating vehicles, warehouses and other modes of transport and our responsibility to reduce this impact has become a top priority.
Through detailed assessment and with innovative products and services, we are committed to working with our customers and partners to increasing the environmental sustainability of our operations, and making it a clear priority for the future success of our business. Currently working towards ISO 14001, we have identified the following actions we can take:
- Vehicle replacement programme ensuring all vehicles are equipped with the most fuel-efficient engines.
- Driver training to maximise fuel consumption and tyre wear
- Engine management technology in all vehicles (Volvo Dynafleet)
- CO2 emissions data capture and monitoring
- Computerised vehicle scheduling to reduce delivery mileage
- Rain water recycling
- Vehicle washing programme minimising the use of water while maintaining a clean image
Waste Recycling Programme
Some advice for staff as follows:
- Don’t use bleached paper – use recycled paper
- Don’t print out emails
- Print on both sides of the paper
- Re-use scrap paper for notes
- Don’t hand out copies of a presentation